Saturday, January 21, 2017

Starting Out

When you like your life, it's easy to get caught up in it and miss the little things.

You look at pictures from times you had, and it's staggering how different things look. Scenery changes, skin wrinkles, and kids grow up.

I decided it might be a fun idea to blog my life, if only to document the experiences I have so I can look back on them later for my own enjoyment. If you want to read along with me though, that'd be cool too.

So, let's get started.

My name's Alex.



I'm a 33 year old therapist from a small town in Oklahoma. I have a masters in psychology and work full time at the Cherokee Nation hospital in Tahlequah. I draw comics, play video games, love movies, and have an on again/off again relationship with unhealthy food.

Three years ago, I married my best friend Shelly.


Shelly's everything a guy could hope for in a wife. She's hilarious, kind, caring, and honest. She's the most genuine person I've ever known, and she makes my life so much more fun. She's got terrible taste in movies and books (I mean, this week alone she's re-reading the 50 Shades books and re-watching the Twilight movies... ), and she's scared of food she can't pronounce - but she's truly awesome. 




When we got married, my life changed for the better in so many ways - but one way in particular was that I became a stepdad (if the blog's title didn't give that away already). 



These are my kids, Jaxon and Jade. I've been in their lives since they were two and four and it's amazing how fast time has gone by. They're already nine and eleven!



Jaxon is everything a son is supposed to be. He's fun, eager to tag along, helpful, and most of all - he's good. He's got a heart of gold, and lives to make everyone around him happy. While his teenage years are looming on the horizon, we always have a blast. He's my video game buddy, and my Lowes companion. 



Jade is unlike any little girl I've ever met. She's one of the most creative and imaginative humans I've ever come across, and she has a way of seeing life from the funniest possible angle. When she's not acting out life as various different characters, she's singing or dancing to an imaginary crowd of millions. 


I love being a dad more than I've ever loved anything before. It's one of the most stressful and unforgiving jobs I've ever taken on, but it's the most rewarding and fun at the same time. Having kids around means there's always someone who wants to do something - and two little people I get to  share all of my favorite things and experiences with.


I'm going to try to update this blog once a week at a minimum. I want to share my family with others and have something that I can look back on later to remind myself how much fun we've had. If you want to be emailed whenever a new post goes up, put your email in on the side, and you'll get a notification every time. 

We've got a big year planned, so it should be worth writing down. 

Hopefully, my words can do it all justice. 



2 comments:

  1. Has anyone ever told you that if one squints, you look like Wil Wheaton? I love your comics and I'm sure I'll enjoy your blog. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard that before, but I think I can see it. Especially when he has a beard. I like to tell people that if you close your eyes entirely, I look strikingly like George Clooney.

      Delete